The Telecom Administrator provides implementation and support for the cloud based VOIP telecom environment, efficient computing capabilities to internal customers and backup support for the data network. The Telecom Admin plays a key role in providing IT telecom support to our rapidly-growing organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adds, Moves, and Changes - Moving of the physical, telephone (wireless, soft client installation or desk set), video endpoint or other communication endpoint.
- Maintain documentation to reflect pertinent endpoint and support information.
- Ability to configure a phone (wireless, soft client or desk set), using the corporate standard and then setting the device up or extending the line and testing to insure all is operational configured correctly. Includes Class of Service, Features and Key Expansion Modules. Ability to identify and relocate cross-connect (jumper wire or patch cable).
- Changes – changes to the configuration of the phone (desk set, wireless or soft client) or line (name, class of service, network class of service, line appearances, voicemail box, basic menus, ACD, NCFW, DCFW
- Troubleshooting – Endpoint instrument – (break fix) - Client or endpoint configuration validation – (IP, TDM, Video, line or soft client) - Wireless coverage validation – (phone tools) Call through validation – (dialing properties 1+, 9+ internal, intra-system)
- Training - Ability to train users on how to use various end points (phone, soft clients, login/log out) - Conference, Hold, Transfer, Call Log. Validating and faxing, Maintaining and Updating all user documentation and use of conference call setup and faxing functionality.
- Voicemail - Password administration, Customer coordination and requirements gathering, Mailbox administration and basic menu services, Training, End user troubleshooting and support
- Contact Center – Customer coordination and requirements gathering, Agent configuration and skillset assignment, Basic ACD configuration, Realtime and Historical Reporting basic support, Agent/Supervisor training, End user/client troubleshooting and support
- UC – Client configuration and support, End user support and configuration conferencing (voice, video and web), Soft phone client support and configuration, Voicemail client support and configuration, Password administration and support, UC end user training, End user troubleshooting and support
- Review current endpoint counts, configurations and special requirements. (Multi-line appearances, menus, roll overs, ACD queues, faxes, number ranges, carrier identification of services and support). Customer requirements gathering. Engineer supported activity dependent upon complexity, size or scope. Endpoint configuration and testing (small clinic environment, vendor coordination for large sites).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience with VOIP/PBX SaaS solutions
- Experience with Move, Add, Changes with VOIP/PBX SaaS solutions
- Build/Change Phones
- Fundamental knowledge of basic networking principles to include basic understanding of TCP/IP, IP subnetting, VLANs, Ethernet and basic routing and switching
- Knowledge of VoIP Telephony, Call Manager, and voicemail functionality
- Knowledge of Contact Centers and Reporting functionality
- Problem solving and analytic skills to isolate problems, recommend solutions
- Knowledge of Work Force Management and Quality Monitoring
- Ability to provide on-call support of all voice infrastructure and applications
- Experience with Analog & Digital
- Experience with Voice Mail Administration
- Ability to self-manage and complete small projects and tasks with minimum oversight
- Excellent people skills with ability to deal with a wide range of customers
- Ability to establish and define automated system procedures.
- Ability to create System Run Books, defining day-to-day support, maintenance, troubleshooting knowledgebase of the environment.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to apply them towards the investigation of existing installations.
- Ability to establish performance models and validation techniques.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Overall understanding of current industry trends and their advantages with ability to right fit into an existing environment.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment either to handle operational support or as part of a large projects
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
- 3 - 5 years related telecommunications administration experience.
- Certifications in telecommunications technologies preferred.
Ready to apply?
If you are interested in this position, click the button below to send us your resume with the job title as the subject line.
Careington International Corporation
Attention: HR Department
7400 Gaylord Parkway
Frisco, Texas 75034
Email: [email protected]
For immediate consideration, please email your resume along with your salary requirements.
No phone calls and no agencies please. Careington is an equal opportunity employer.